- if you are located in Australia, means the Privacy Act 1988(Cth); or
- if you are located in New Zealand, means the Privacy Act 1993(NZ).
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Our Website accepts payment via debit or credit card including Visa, Mastercard and American Express. Payments are processed securely through our chosen payment gateway Stripe.
The kinds of personal information collected and held by us will vary depending on your particular dealings with us. However, the types of personal information we may collect from you include:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth or photographic identification, for example where required to comply with age restrictions;
- payment information, including bank account details, credit card details;
- employment and educational information, including your job title, previous experience, academic and professional qualifications and third party references;
- associated company name(s) and details;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Website or indirectly through your use of our Website or online presence or through other Websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us, including through surveys, questionnaires, meetings, phone calls, interviews and during other communications with you; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How Do You Collect My Personal Information?
We may collect your personal information when you:
- deal with us in relation to us providing you with products, services or benefits;
- register on our Website;
- visit our premises;
- request information, products or services from us or otherwise provide us with your information;
- communicate with us or submit information through correspondence, chats, email, social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our Website, services, content and advertising;
- enter into a promotion conducted by us or a third party;
- complete a survey; or
- invest in our business.
In addition, when you apply for a job or position with us we may collect certain information from you (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks) from any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
There may be occasions when we collect your personal information from someone other than you, for example:
- from our related bodies corporate;
- from our business partners who partner with us for promotional activities; and
- from third parties who provide services to us.
What Happens If I Do Not Provide You With My Personal Information?
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however, if you do not provide personal information that we request, we may not be able to complete a transaction you have entered into, finalise payment of a product or service you have ordered, make delivery of a product you have ordered, validate your entry in a promotion, or otherwise provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
We will not normally collect sensitive information about you from you or any third party. Sensitive information includes information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or medical conditions, genetic or biometric information, sexual orientation, or criminal convictions and offences. We will only use or collect this information if necessary to comply with laws and regulations or where you provide this information voluntarily or otherwise consent for us to do so.
Why Do We Collect, Hold, Use and Disclose Personal Information?
- to enable us to supply you with information you request from us;
- to establish and maintain your relationship with us;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from us and keep a record of them;
- to assist us to make our services and products more valuable or useful to you;
- to enable you to access and use our Website and services;
- negotiating, concluding and performing contracts, managing business relationships;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to register you for events or promotions;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, security obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to consider your employment application; and
- to consider your proposed investment in our business.
Do We Use Your Personal Information For Direct Marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services and products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act.
Direct marketing may be sent to you by:
- us or our related bodies corporate; and
- third parties who provide services to us.
The direct marketing may relate to:
- our products and services;
- the products and services of other parties;
- promotions run by us or other parties including our third-party suppliers; or
- keeping you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing from us or our third parties by contacting us using the details set out below or through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
To Whom Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers, including providers for the operation of our Website, our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you;
- professional advisers, including legal and accounting firms, auditors, consultants, insurers and other professional advisers;
- payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- people or entities who acquire (or are considering acquiring) our assets or businesses (or any part of them) or an interest in us or our related bodies corporate;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure Of Personal Information Outside Australia
We are likely to disclose some of your personal information, for the purposes described above, to organisations (including our third-party suppliers and cloud providers) located outside of Australia, including in the United States of America. Some of these countries may not have the same or substantially similar privacy laws to those in Australia and New Zealand. We may not require organisations to which we disclose personal information in those countries to comply with similar privacy laws, and accordingly your personal information may not receive the same protections that it would in your country. By providing your personal information to us, you consent to our disclosure of your personal information to organisations in those countries even though it may not receive the same protections that it would in your country.
Using Our Website and Cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our Website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our Website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our Website that help us track your Website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our Website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information.
In addition, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and do not accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the internet, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Accessing Or Correcting Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use, hold or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
You have a right to seek access to and correction of your personal information that is collected and held by us. You can request access to and correction of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
Making A Complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Email: [email protected]